icon

1889

building
24 St Vincent Place, located in the city centre, was one of the first buildings in Glasgow constructed from red sandstone. The building was completed in 1889 for the Evening Citizen Newspaper to accommodate their printing presses and offices.
history-img
The Evening Citizen, was an evening version of the Glasgow Citizen (a daily newspaper founded in 1842). It was first published in August 1864 and was one of the first of three evening newspapers to be printed, published and sold in the Glasgow area of Scotland. Both papers were founded by James Hedderwick who was a Scottish poet, journalist and newspaper proprietor.
history-img
history-img

Today

history-img
In recent times the building has become home to The Citizen Bar & Dining Rooms, a stylish venue offering an unashamedly Scottish menu alongside a carefully crafted drinks and cocktail list served up by Glasgow’s finest mixologists.
24 St Vincent Street has undergone an extensive refurbishment, turning it into one of Glasgow’s most contemporary and cutting edge office spaces.